Type your phone number here, click submit, and we'll get you a cash offer!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

County Department Contacts for Mobile Home Owners

This page will help you find the right department in your county government to get answers to mobile home questions.

Navigating the legal system of counties can often times be confusing, especially if you are moving between counties. Knowing what department to talk to is especially important when applying for moving permits, finding the zoning code for your land, or installing septic a septic system. If you are a mobile home owner, you will absolutely be dealing with these departments on an a regular basis.


The zoning department of a county is responsible for keeping a record of how specific parcels of land are allowed to be used. The two most commonly talked about zoning credentials are “Commercial” and “Residential.” You will not be allowed to put a mobile home on a piece of land that is zoned for commercial use. Some counties will restrict what type of residential homes can be place on the land and specifically exclude mobile homes. So, always check with your county zoning before purchasing land that you plan to pull on a mobile home.

Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC):

South Carolina DHEC is a very important agency to contact if you are planning on moving a mobile home to your own land. If you are planning on installing a septic system on your land, you will need to have them conduct a soil test and approve your plan for septic installation. This service usually costs around $150.00. Although not a county specific department, SC DHEC has representatives in every South Carolina county. Check it out in the link below!

EA Local Offices | SCDHEC


When moving a mobile home, you will need a permit. Some mobile home moving companies will offer this service for around $300.00, however, moving permits can cost as little as $10.00 if you fill out the form and submit it to the county yourself! Check out the link below for an example of a moving permit from Kershaw County.

Example Kershaw County Moving Permit

Note: If your county does not have a permitting department, reach out to your county Assessors office and they will be able to point you in the right direction.


The Assessors office is responsible for appraising/determining the worth of your property. A percentage of that appraisal is the tax you pay to the county. The Assessors office is also responsible for keeping track of all mobile homes in the county.

County Government Websites
Abbeville County
Aiken County
Anderson County
Bamberg County
Barnwell County
Berkeley County
Charleston County
Cherokee County
Chester County
Chesterfield County
Colleton County
Darlington County
Dillon County
Dorchester County
Fairfield County
Florence County
Georgetown County
Greenville County
Greenwood County
Hampton County
Horry County
Kershaw County
Lancaster County
Laurens County
Lee County
Lexington County
Marion County
Newberry County
Oconee County
Orangeburg County
Pickens County
Richland County
Saluda County
Spartanburg County
Sumter County
Williamsburg County
York County

I'm ready to sell my mobile home!

There is no obligation by filling out this form! If you need to sell your home fast, fill out this form and we will get you an offer ASAP! We buy mobile homes in ANY condition, situation, and price range in South Carolina.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Call Us!